Occupational Therapy with Elders
Strategies for the Occupational Therapy Assistant
- List Price$79.95
- Your price$71.99
Save $7.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 32800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The only comprehensive book on geriatric occupational therapy designed specifically for the COTA, Occupational Therapy with Elders: Strategies for the COTA, 3rd Edition provides in-depth coverage of each aspect of geriatric practice, from wellness and prevention to death and dying. A discussion of foundational concepts includes aging trends and strategies for elder care, and coverage of emerging areas includes low-vision rehabilitation, mobility issues including driving, and Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Expert authors René Padilla, Sue Byers-Connon, and Helene Lohman offer an unmatched discussion of diverse populations and the latest on geriatric policies and procedures in this fast-growing area of practice.
- Unique! A focus on the occupational therapy assistant highlights the importance of COTAs to the care of elder clients.
- Case studies illustrate principles and help you apply what you've learned to actual situations.
- Key terms, chapter objectives, and review questions highlight important content in each chapter.
- Use of the term "elder" reduces the stereotypical role of dependent patients and helps to dispel myths about aging.
- A multidisciplinary approach demonstrates how the OT and the COTA can collaborate effectively.
- Unique! Attention to diverse populations and cultures prepares you to respect and care for clients of different backgrounds.
- Unique! The companion Evolve website makes review easier with more learning activities, references linked to MEDLINE abstracts, and links to related OT sites.
- Unique! A discussion of elder abuse, battered women, and literacy includes information on how the COTA can address these often-overlooked issues.
- New information on alternative treatment settings for elders reflects new trends in OT care.
- Updated information on Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations discusses the latest policies and how to incorporate the newest procedures into practice.
- Significant additions are made to the chapters on public policy, dementia, and oncology.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, March 1920
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: