Nursing Practice in Multiple Sclerosis: A Core Curriculum, Second Edition
- List Price$40.00
- Your price$35.99
Save $4.01 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Nursing is a critical element in meeting the needs of people with multiple sclerosis (MS) and their families. Over the years, the role of MS nurses have developed from strictly providing care and education, to also providing case management services, counseling, and rehabilitation. As well-educated professionals they have become knowledgeable of the disease process and available treatments.
Nursing Practice in Multiple Sclerosis: A Core Curriculum, 2nd Edition was written for nurses preparing to take the MS certification exam given under the auspices of the International Organization of Multiple Sclerosis Nurses (IOMSN), and for everyone involved, or becoming involved, in the field of MS treatment and care. Developed as a companion to Comprehensive Nursing Care in Multiple Sclerosis, 2nd Edition and Advanced Concepts in Multiple Sclerosis Nursing Care, this guide will help readers learn about the history of MS, its diagnosis, management, and current theories regarding the immunologic basis for the disease.
Additional benefits include:
- Review of pharmacologic strategies including the treatment of acute attacks, immunomodulating therapies, and symptomatic therapies, as well as nonpharmacologic interventions
- Concise and relevant information in easy to read outline form
- Study questions and answers for the International Organization of Multiple Sclerosis Nurses (IOMSN) certification
- Reference material for additional reading
- Case studies
This manual is an excellent resource both for MS nurse specialists and professionals entering this area of specialized care.
- Demos Medical Publishing, June 2006
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: