Node for Front-End Developers
by Garann Means
- List Price$12.99
- Your price$10.69
Save $2.30 (18% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Although Node has a complete library of developer-contributed modules to automate server-side development, this book will show you how to program with Node on your own, so you truly understand the platform. Discover firsthand how well Node works as a web server, and how easy it is to learn and use.
- Set up Node and learn how to build scaffolding for a web application
- Work with Node natively to see how it functions as a web server
- Understand how Node receives client data from GET and POST requests
- Use the Socket.IO module to facilitate realtime client-server communication
- Choose from among several Node templates to create dynamic pages
- Learn how to connect to a database, and store data in files
- Implement the Model-View-Controller pattern, and share Node modules with server and client
- O'Reilly Media, January 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: