A Treatise on the Physics of Branching Processes
- List Price$225.00
- Your price$202.49
Save $22.51 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 90800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The transport of neutrons in a multiplying system is an area of branching processes with a clear formalism. This book presents an account of the mathematical tools used in describing branching processes, which are then used to derive a large number of properties of the neutron distribution in multiplying systems with or without an external source.
In the second part of the book, the theory is applied to the description of the neutron fluctuations in nuclear reactor cores as well as in small samples of fissile material. The question of how to extract information about the system under study is discussed. In particular the measurement of the reactivity of subcritical cores, driven with various Poisson and non-Poisson (pulsed) sources, and the identification of fissile material samples, is illustrated.
The book gives pragmatic information for those planning and executing and evaluating experiments on such systems.
- Gives a complete treatise of the mathematics of branching particle processes, and in particular neutron fluctuations, in a self-contained manner;
- The first monograph containing the theory and application of neutron fluctuations in low power ADS (spallation and pulsed sources);
- Suitable as a tutorial and handbook/reference book for scientists and graduate students;
- One of the authors is the founder of the mathematical theory of neutron fluctuations in zero power systems.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Imre Pazsit,Lenard Pal
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Imre Pazsit,Lenard Pal
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 28, 2016
- Elsevier Science, October 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: