National Geographic Kids Chapters: Crocodile Encounters
and More True Stories of Adventures with Animals
The first in a line of adventures with National Geographic Kids Chapters books, Crocodile Encounters will surely prove to be one of the most exciting. Follow along with National Geographic explorer Brady Barr as he crawls into a muddy hole just barely big enough for his shoulders, and comes face to face with thirteen crocodiles! Laugh out loud as you learn how to catch a crocodile using shoe laces and underpants. Read in anticipation to find out what happens when you put a 600-lb crocodile on an airplane in just a flimsy wooden crate. These action-packed stories and more will engage readers and inspire them to go out and explore their own world.
• "Undercover Croc," in which Brady "becomes a crocodile," by donning a specially-designed protective croc suit, and infiltrates a group of Nile crocodiles in Tanzania.
• "Toy Story," in which he uses (and loses) a radio-controlled car with video camera, in a hilarious failed attempt to capture a Nile crocodile in South Africa.
• "Deep Dark Den"--in an attempt to relocate a group of crocodiles causing problems to neighboring villagers in Costa Rica, Brady finds himself underground in a deep muddy hole with thirteen angry crocs.
• "Croc in a Box," Brady tries to move a giant, troublesome croc from Uganda safely to an American zoo, but discovers the croc is much stronger than the "sturdy wooden box" that has been built to contain him.
Releases simultaneously in Reinforced Library Binding: 978-1-4263-1029-4 , $14.90/$16.95 Can
E-book: 978-1-4263-1030-0 , $5.99/$5.99 Can
- National Geographic Society, October 2012
National Geographic Children's Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: