Easy, clear, readable, and focused on what you want to do
Step-by-step instructions for the tasks you care about most
Large, full-color, close-up photos show you exactly what to do
Common-sense help whenever you run into problems
Tips and notes to help you do even more
Over the years, you’ve learned a lot. Now, learn Windows 8!
We’ve identified the Windows 8 skills you need to stay connected with people you care about; keep your computer reliable, productive, and safe; express your creativity; find new passions; and live a better life!
Our crystal-clear instructions respect your smarts but never assume you’re an expert. Big, colorful photos on nearly every page make this book incredibly easy to read and use!
- Set up your computer with no fuss or aggravation
- Get productive fast, even if you don’t have computer experience
- Use the new “touch” features of Windows 8 if you have a touchscreen device
- Safeguard your privacy and protect yourself from online scams
- Display up-to-the-minute news, weather, and stock prices
- Browse and search the Web, wherever you go
- Find reliable health information online
- Make Skype video calls to friends and family
- Use Facebook to find old friends and see what they’re up to
- Store your pictures and share them with loved ones
- Read eBooks on your PC–even enlarge text for greater comfort
- Watch TV or movies with Netflix, Hulu Plus, or YouTube
- Enjoy your music, and discover great music you’ve never heard
- Fix your own computer problems without help
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: