A Balanced Approach
by Sumy Takesue
- List Price$94.95
- Your price$85.49
Save $9.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 38800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Music Fundamentals: A Balanced Approach, Second Edition comprises a textbook/workbook and interactive website designed for those who want to learn the basics of reading music. Intended for students with little or no prior knowledge of music theory, it offers a patient approach for reading, writing and even performing music. Musical examples range from Elvis Presley songs to Beethoven symphonies, from rhythmically challenging African songs and syncopated Brazilian choro melodies, to humorous Filipino ballads and Schubert lieder. The website includes graded quizzes and numerous skill training exercises.
By reinforcing musical concepts with numerous written examples, offering a more balanced mixture of global, classical, and popular music, and encouraging practice through an online, interactive tutorial, Music Fundamentals: A Balanced Approach, Second Edition is a comprehensive textbook for building musical foundations.
Second Edition Features:
- Modular structure allows instructors to reorganize chapters.
- A variety of exercises help the student transform knowledge into practice:
- Listen and sing exercises for ear training
- Keyboard drills to be played on a real keyboard or piano, or the keyboard insert provided in the inside cover
- Clapping and counting exercises to ingrain a cerebral understand, but also a visceral feeling for pulse and rhythm
- Workbook review exercises at the end of each module facilitate progress to the next module.
- "Cultural Notes" discuss musical genres or place musical examples in a broader social context to give an enriched approach to music learning.
- Online tutorials assist with ear training and general concepts, and streaming of audio examples help to connect the study of theory to real music-making.
The website features student interactive tutorials, and an Instructor Manual supplements teaching with a wealth of classroom exercises.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Sumy Takesue
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Sumy Takesue
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 25, 2016
- Taylor and Francis, December 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: