This end-to-end deep dive into Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional will help working developers squeeze maximum productivity out of Visual Studio 2010’s extraordinarily rich toolbox, whether they are writing code for the Web, Windows, Silverlight, or Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing environment.
The authors combine authoritative and detailed information about Microsoft’s latest IDE, with extensive insights and best practices drawn from decades of development experience. Developers will learn how to use Visual Studio 2010 Professional to take full advantage of the entire .NET platform, including Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for rich client development, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for building dynamic service-oriented solutions, and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) for structured programming around business processes. The authors also present extensive new coverage of Microsoft’s powerful new tools for unit testing, application instrumentation, and code analysis.
By focusing entirely on Visual Studio 2010 Professional, the authors have gone deeper into Microsoft’s core product than ever before. Throughout, their focus is relentlessly practical: how to apply Microsoft’s tools to build better software, faster.
Detailed information on how to...
- Work with solutions, projects, browsers, explorers, editors, and designers
- Write better macros, add-ins, and wizards
- Save more time with Visual Studio 2010’s updated productivity tools
- Instrument, analyze, and test your software
- Refactor code for greater robustness, maintainability, and performance
- Share code with team members and the larger community
- Write powerful ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and Silverlight web applications
- Implement robust service oriented architecture (SOA)–based applications
- Efficiently consume services with WCF
- Write advanced Windows applications with Windows Forms and WPF
- Construct data-centric applications with LINQ and Entity Framework
- Create and host workflow-based applications with WF
- Write applications for the Azure cloud
- Extend Visual Studio with the new Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) and the Automation Object Model
- Build better object-oriented VB or C# software, and use new dynamic language features
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: