Meat and Potatoes
Simple Recipes that Sizzle and Sear
Armed with a cast-iron skillet and the best ingredients he can find, meat-loving chef Rahm Fama serves up a fresh take on chuck wagon cuisine for flavorful meals you can enjoy no matter where you are.
Inspired by his early years on a Southwest cattle ranch, he followed his carnivorous curiosity across the country, seeking the choicest cuts and best ways to cook them. There’s nothing like the thrill of throwing a pat of butter in a hot pan and searing a perfect steak, or grilling a pork chop, or braising chicken. Meat and Potatoes presents 52 irresistible and simple meals—one for every week:
• Pepper-Crusted New York Strip Steak, Hand-Cut Fries & Wilted Mustard Greens
• Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloins, Granny Smith Apple Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Fennel Ragu
• Turkey Kabobs, Tzatziki Couscous Salad & Eggplant Caviar
• Lamb Medallions, Sweet Potato Galette & Crusty Fried Green Tomatoes
Here, too, are one-pot recipes, including Shepherd’s Pie Cupcakes and Paella with Pepper Bacon, plus ideas for sandwiches to make with leftover meat. Meals that take less than an hour are highlighted throughout for fast, delicious weeknight options. Rahm’s knowledge about meat and rustic recipes from the range will help you upgrade your dishes, no matter who rides into town.
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, July 2014
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: