Master Handbook of Acoustics
- List Price$42.00
- Your price$37.79
Save $4.21 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 17600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Practical Instruction on the Art and Science of Acoustic Design and Architecture
Build your own acoustic environments such as recording studios, control rooms, and home listening rooms with expert insights from two engineering professionals. Fully expanded to cover the latest methods and software tools, Master Handbook of Acoustics, Fifth Edition presents clear explanations of acoustic phenomena and provides a hands-on approach to room design. Learn how to perform acoustic measurements, choose room dimensions, assign speaker placement, analyze response curves, and design and install sound absorbers and diffusers. You will also find details on how to fine-tune room reverberation, minimize external noise, and apply psychoacoustic concepts.
Master Handbook of Acoustics, Fifth Edition explains how to:
- Determine how sound propagates in open and enclosed spaces
- Measure sound-pressure levels and work with decibels
- Analyze the characteristics of room modal resonances
- Treat rooms for optimal early reflections, reverberation, and diffusion
- Minimize acoustic distortion, comb-filter effects, and HVAC interference
- Construct high-quality stereo and surround-sound listening rooms
- Design personal and professional recording studios and control rooms
- Understand the acoustics of auditoriums and concert halls
- Optimize room designs using measurement, modeling, and auralization software
- Mcgraw-hill, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: