Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing Care
Nursing Interventions and Collaborative Management
- List Price$59.95
- Your price$53.99
Save $5.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 24800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Known for its reliable, clinically focused content, Swearingen's Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing provides a quick reference to 125 of the most commonly encountered medical-surgical conditions. Expert authors Fran Monahan, RN, PhD, ANEF, Marianne Neighbors, EdD, RN, and Carol Green, PhD, RN, CNE make it easy to find and use the information you need to know to provide optimal patient care. Unique to this manual, outcome criteria include specific and measurable timeframes to help in establishing realistic treatment goals and evaluating the effectiveness of care. For students, it's an ideal resource for care planning and clinicals; for practitioners, it's a great clinical reference!
- More than 125 common medical-surgical conditions are organized by body system for convenient use as a clinical reference.
- A quick-reference, easy-to-use format includes these headings for each med-surg disorder:
- Diagnostic Tests
- Collaborative Management
- Nursing Diagnoses and Interventions
- Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning
- Outcome criteria feature specific and measurable timeframes for each outcome.
- Patient teaching for each disorder helps you educate patients and their families for self-care and discharge.
- Clinical notes and cautions stress key points or alerts related to various disorders and conditions.
- An overview of nursing considerations for the hospitalized patient includes concepts relevant to many disorders, such as perioperative care, pain, prolonged bed rest, psychosocial support, and older adult care.
- Attractive two-color design highlights key information for fast reference.
- A durable, water-resistant cover prolongs the life of the book.
- Thorough updates provide you with the latest evidence-based practice content and clinical developments, including the newest Joint Commission standards, latest screening recommendations, revised treatment guidelines, new drugs, and lab tests.
- New Burns section covers the care of burns in the medical-surgical setting.
- New Immunologic Disorders unit discusses transfusion reactions, hypersensitivity, and AIDS.
- New Cancer Care unit updates and expands coverage of lung cancer, nervous system tumors, GI malignancies, neoplastic diseases of the hematopoietic system, head/neck cancers, breast cancer, and GI cancer.
- An emphasis on patient safety addresses preventable patient safety issues.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, September 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: