Managing Digital Resources in Libraries
by Linda S Katz
- List Price$35.95
- Your price$32.39
Save $3.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Advice from the experts-on collecting and managing the digital resources that are an increasingly vital part of librarianship!
Managing Digital Resources in Libraries is a practical guide to managing library materials in digital formats. Working librarians share their expertise in the acquisition and management of digital resources, addressing questions of licensing, funding, and providing access. The contributors also examine innovative projects and systems, such as the integration of PDA-accessible resources into a library collection and the development of all-digital libraries. You’ll also find supplementary reading lists and bibliographies of additional resources, including relevant Web sites.
Addressing the challenges of and barriers to the preservation and dissemination of electronic information, Managing Digital Resources in Libraries explores vital questions, such as:
- How are librarians coping with digital resources?
- How do they compare and select titles and formats to purchase?
- How do they allocate limited funds-to lease or to purchase high-priced electronic titles?
- Does consortium membership provide the answer to funding problems, or does it force librarians to pay for content their users neither want nor need?
- Is MARC still an appropriate format for cataloging?
- How can librarians make themselves familiar with the multitude of available resources?
- online resources
- open archives-their uses and their history
- the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the First Sale Doctrine, and the Fair Use Doctrine-and their implications for librarians
- e-journal cataloging and e-journal management software
- electronic collection development and management
- personal digital assistants
- digital licensing agreements
- electronic searching systems, including ELIN@, Electronic Journal Finder, Pirate Source, OPAC, and cold fusion databases
- Taylor and Francis, January 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: