- List Price$15.99
- Your price$12.79
Save $3.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Anyone familiar with Zynga's Farmville understands how fun and addictive real-time social games can be. This hands-on guide shows you how to design and build one of these games from start to finish, with nothing but open source tools. You'll learn how to render graphics, animate with sprites, add sound, validate scores to prevent cheating, and more, using detailed examples and code samples.
- Use HTML5’s canvas element to build smooth animations with sprites
- Create an isometric grid pattern for high-performance graphics
- Design a GUI that works equally well on mobile devices and PCs
- Add sound to your game with HTML5’s audio element
- Implement the game’s path-finding function with WebWorkers
- Build a client data model on the server with PHP and MySQL
- Make your game come alive with dynamic CSS3 objects
- O'Reilly Media, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: