Making Exquisite Candles By Hand
Basic Instructions On Making Homemade Candles Including Information On Different Types Of Candle Mold, Candle Holders, Candle Wax And Scents So You Can Enjoy Making Different Types Of Candles At Home And Market And Sell Them For Easy Income
If you have the knack for crafts, you can easily learn to make candles like a skilled craftsman. You need to acquire the very basic techniques of the candle making process and then continually apply it so you can refine your skills. As you learn more, the better you will get at it and soon you will effortlessly create exquisite candles.
There are 5 basic components that make a beautiful candle:
1. The wax you use is very important. Soy wax is easy to work with. The most difficult is paraffin wax. All-natural soy waxes blends are clean burning and do not crack when they cool.
2. The wick is measured by the width of the container to be used. The thickness of the wick should be directly proportional to the width of the container. If you have a wide container, then the wick should be thick. A thin wick goes with a small container. Thin wicks soak less liquid wax and will give off a smaller flame and less vapor fuel.
3. Good quality fragrance oil will blend into the wax more efficiently.
4. Colors can affect the performance of your candles. Use a thicker wick if you want to add more colors.
5. The size and shape of the container will match the burn pattern of the wax.
- KMS Publishing, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: