Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience spectacular scenery while hiking Rarotonga's Cross-Island Track, kayak to Tonga's remote sandy islands, or descend into the crystalline waters of To Sua Ocean Trench; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Rarotonga, Samoa, and Tonga and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, language, history, art, literature, music, dance, architecture, politics, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 36 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Outdoor Adventures, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Apia, Pago Pago, Nuku'alofa, Avarua, 'Atiu, the Cook Islands, 'Upolu, Savai'i, American Samoa, Tutuila, Manu'a Islands, Tongatapu, 'Eua, the Ha'apai group, Palmerston, Mitiaro, Mangaia, Manihiki, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Rarotonga, Samoa & Tonga, our most comprehensive guide to Rarotonga, Samoa, and Tonga, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's South Pacific guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Craig McLachlan, Brett Atkinson, and Celeste Brash.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: