Living Well with Parkinson's Disease
What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You....That You Need to Know
A complete guide to Parkinson's from two people with the disease who cofounded a national support and advocacy organization.
In Living Well with Parkinson's Disease, Gretchen Garie and Michael J. Church, a couple who both have Parkinson's and live daily with the effects of the disease, thoroughly discuss diagnosis, treatment options, and the emotional consequences of this difficult illness. With a conversational, pragmatic, and personal tone, they offer advice on such topics as:
- how Parkinson's disease affects relationships
- the role of diet, supplements, and rest and relaxation
- strategies for navigating professional life and the maze of the health-care system
- handling everyday challenges such as buttoning a shirt or rolling over in bed
- and more!
Compassionate and inspiring, Living Well with Parkinson's Disease offers knowledge and wisdom from those who understand the challenges of dealing with Parkinson's every day.
- HarperCollins, October 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: