Here are the eight skills this book will help you master:
1. Identify your thoughts and feelings: how to tap into your feelings, especially the negative ones
2. Evaluate your negative feelings, negative thoughts, and options: how to decide when to take action
3. Communicate better: how to be a more effective listener and speaker
4. Empathize with others to understand their behavior: how to appreciate a situation from someone else's point of view
5. Do problem-solving: how to define the problem, generate alternatives, and evaluate the outcomes
6. Practice assertion: how to get others to do what you want
7. Practice acceptance: how to back off without feeling like a failure
8. Emphasize the positive: how to build better relationships using a proven ratio of positive to negative interactions
Lifeskills shows how building better relationships is an essential part of preserving health--and offers eight clear steps anyone can use to make that happen.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: