Life Lessons From Soccer
What Your Child Can Learn On and Off the Field-A Guide for Parents and Coaches
Parent-tested and approved by the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO), this indispensable book by a parent, coach, and doctor shows soccer moms, dads, and coaches how to encourage children to look beyond winning and to turn every game and practice into an opportunity to teach life lessons.
Dr. Vincent Fortanasce applies his expertise in child development to guide parents and coaches on:
- Emphasizing fun over performance and morality over victory
- Understanding the way kids think and their capabilities at each developmental stage
- Controlling their own touchline behavior
- Instilling character, conscience, and courage in every player, regardless of talent
In Life Lessons from Soccer, Vincent Fortanasce celebrates the enchantments of soccer as a learning ground for family values and life lessons -- and for becoming closer to your children on and off the field.
- Touchstone, November 2001
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: