Just Like Me Knits
Matching Patterns for Kids and Their Favorite Dolls
Sweet Little Knits for Kids and Their Dolls
Little ones love to dress just like their favorite dolls or stuffed animals. In Just Like Me Knits, Brandy Fortune shows you how to create nineteen modern projects for children, with nineteen matching projects for 15-to-18-inch toy figures, perfect for Bamboletta and other popular dolls. Knit everyday favorites such as a striped raglan sweater for an adventurous boy to run around in; fancy dress-up clothes, including a princess ballerina wrap; and accessories like the irresistible lace socks that can be made to fit mom, child, or doll.
As the parent of two young, energetic girls and cofounder of the popular children’s magazine Petit Purls, Brandy Fortune is a practical knitter. She keeps the projects in this book simple and fast, making them accessible for busy beginners yet interesting enough for more experienced knitters. You’ll find everything you need to start knitting right away, including:
• sizing, measuring, and customization help for creating children’s clothes
• nineteen easy-to-follow patterns for garments and accessories for girls and boys age 3 through 10
• a short guide to hand-sewing basic doll clothes, with five original patterns to create complete outfits for any doll or toy
• a quick primer on knitting techniques and resources
The only thing that can make a handknit garment for a child even more special is a matching one for his or her huggable friend. You’ll love making these adorable projects for the children in your life, and they’ll love to help choose what they and their favorite dolls will wear.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, April 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: