Are you are worried you are missing out on the latest version of Java? When you hear a term such as lambda expressions - do you wonder what you are neglecting? If so, Java 8 New Features will squash your concerns and deliver a quick and easy-to-understand guide to what’s new in Java 8.
The latest version of Java offers numerous improvements and new features to better utilize Java. Streams, for example, supports a fluent approach to problem solving and lets the developer take advantage of concurrency with minimal effort, whilst Lambda Expressions offer new ways of expressing a solution that brings efficiency and succinct programming.
Get up-to-speed here!
Java 8 New Features is a concise new book filled with code examples and best practice.
In this book, you will:
- Learn how interface enhancements - such as default methods - affect new additions to Java 8 and their impact on multiple inheritance between interfaces
- Use lambda expressions to simplify solutions to development problems
- Discover how the new Stream interface supports query type problems
- Explore the new support for concurrent processing including that supported by Streams
- Find out why the new date and time enhancements make working with time so much easier than it used to be
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: