- List Price$107.95
- Your price$97.19
Save $10.76 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 44000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In this 3rd edition revised text, master expositor Sheldon Ross has produced a unique work in introductory statistics. The text's main merits are the clarity of presentation, contemporary examples and applications from diverse areas, and an explanation of intuition and ideas behind the statistical methods. Concepts are motivated, illustrated and explained in a way that attempts to increase one's intuition. To quote from the preface, "It is only when a student develops a feel or intuition for statistics that she or he is really on the path toward making sense of data."
Ross achieves this goal through a coherent mix of mathematical analysis, intuitive discussions and examples.
Applications and examples refer to real-world issues, such as gun control, stock price models, health issues, driving age limits, school admission ages, use of helmets, sports, scientific fraud and many others.
- Instructor's Manual - http://textbooks.elsevier.com/web/manuals.aspx?isbn=9780123743886
- Student Solutions Manual - http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780123743886
- Student Solutions Manual for 2nd Edition - http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780120885510
- Sample Chapter, eBook - http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780123743886
- Companion Website w/Data Sets - http://www.elsevierdirect.com/companion.jsp?ISBN=9780123743886
- Unique historical perspective profiling prominent statisticians and historical events to motivate learning by providing interest and context
- Use of exercises and examples helps guide the student towards indpendent learning using real issues and real data, e.g. stock price models, health issues, gender issues, sports, scientific fraud.
- Summary/Key Terms- chapters end with detailed reviews of important concepts and formulas, key terms and definitions which are useful to students as study tools
- Data sets from text and exercise material will be available to download from the text website, saves students time
- Elsevier Science, January 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: