Introduction to Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
Physical and Numerical Aspects
- List Price$94.95
- Your price$85.49
Save $9.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 38800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book provides an introductory-level exploration of geophysical fluid dynamics (GFD), the principles governing air and water flows on large terrestrial scales. Physical principles are illustrated with the aid of the simplest existing models, and the computer methods are shown in juxtaposition with the equations to which they apply. It explores contemporary topics of climate dynamics and equatorial dynamics, including the Greenhouse Effect, global warming, and the El Nino Southern Oscillation.
- Combines both physical and numerical aspects of geophysical fluid dynamics into a single affordable volume
- Explores contemporary topics such as the Greenhouse Effect, global warming and the El Nino Southern Oscillation
- Biographical and historical notes at the ends of chapters trace the intellectual development of the field
- Recipient of the 2010 Wernaers Prize, awarded each year by the National Fund for Scientific Research of Belgium (FNR-FNRS).
- Elsevier Science, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: