Interactive Play for Children with Autism
by Diana Seach
- List Price$43.95
- Your price$39.59
Save $4.36 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This is a comprehensive guide to establishing shared play experiences that assist in the development of communication, social understanding and cognition.
Easily accessible, and packed full of practical resources, the book defines the importance of play both developmentally and psychologically as having a major influence on the enrichment of meaningful interactions and children’s learning.
Diana Seach expertly discusses how play enables children with Autism to:
- represent their knowledge of the world and their relationships with others
- spontaneously explore ways of thinking about themselves and the objects they encounter
- develop communication and companionship
- discover motivating ways to learn
- extend their imagination and creative potential.
Those who live and work with children who have Autism and Asperger Syndrome will find Interactive Play for Children with Autism an invaluable tool when implementing strategies to develop interactive play in educational establishments, care settings and the family home.
- Taylor and Francis, September 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: