In the Lap of the Buddha
- List Price$24.95
- Your price$19.99
Save $4.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In this book a teacher of insight meditation offers personal testament, healing words, and wise instruction to help meet the suffering that comes with catastrophic life events. Speaking openly about his own struggles with memories of childhood sexual abuse and with the HIV diagnosis he received in 1989, Gavin Harrison reveals how compassion offers refuge and help for all who suffer from similar crises of body, heart, and spirit. Among the topics covered are:
- Dealing with fear, anger, and self-hatred
- Working with difficult relationships
- Confronting physical pain and the fear of death
- Transforming the legacy of sexual abuse
- The question of karma and "Why me?"
- Grappling with issues of faith, freedom, hope, and miracles
- Basic insight meditation instructions, plus guided meditations for forgiveness, compassion, and equanimity
- Shambhala Publications, November 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: