In the Know in Japan
The Indispensable Guide to Working and Living in Japan
- Your price$11.99
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Be IN THE KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Doing business across borders is very different from doing business across town–subtle and not-so-subtle differences in attitudes and etiquette play a big role.
Did you know?
• Bowing in Japan isn’t just bending at the waist; where you put your hands and how deep you bow makes a big difference!
• Don’t give gifts in groups of four or nine. “Four” and “nine” are unlucky because the words sound like “death” and “hardship” in Japanese.
• Don’t expect Japanese colleagues to come out and say “no.” They will usually say “maybe.”
In the Know in Japan helps you:
• Fit right in by understanding local manners, etiquette, and behaviors
• Navigate through everyday life with tips for the whole family
• Get an insider’s perspective on the social and business environment
The book includes a FREE 60-minute CD with the key phrases you need to make a great impression.
From the Package edition.
- Diversified Publishing, April 2003
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: