The Business-Focused, Best-Practice Guide to Succeeding with ITIL Change and Release Management
ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library®) can help organizations streamline and integrate their operations, dramatically improving efficiency and delivering greater business value. For the first time, there's a comprehensive best-practice guide to succeeding with two of the most crucial and challenging parts of ITIL: change and release management.
Leading IBM® ITIL expert and author Larry Klosterboer shares solid expertise gained from real implementations across multiple industries. He helps you decide where to invest, avoid ITIL pitfalls, and build successful, long-term processes that deliver real return on investment. You’ll find detailed guidance on each process, integrated into a comprehensive roadmap for planning, implementation, and operation–a roadmap available nowhere else.
Klosterboer offers in-depth coverage of the crucial issues every implementer will face, including make-or-break challenges most consultants can’t or won’t talk about. For example, he demonstrates how to set a reasonable project scope, migrate data, execute successful pilot programs, and continually improve quality once ITIL practices are in place.
This book’s practical insights will be invaluable to every IT executive, professional, and user who wants to bring their current change and release practices in line with ITIL–and transform them from a source of frustration into a source of value.
- Discovering and managing your change and release management requirements
- Identifying the resources you’ll need to succeed
- Building comprehensive schedules for executing change/release management projects
- Moving from planning to real-world implementation
- Choosing the right tools–or modifying the tools you’ve already invested in
- Using change/release management to facilitate auditing and ensure compliance
- Leveraging the full business benefits of mature change/release management processes
Covers ITIL version 3
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: