Identifying and Supporting Children with Specific Learning Difficulties
Looking Beyond the Label to Support the Whole Child
- List Price$40.95
- Your price$36.89
Save $4.06 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 17200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Many children experience difficulties which impact on their learning at home and school. Some children are considered to have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, but other children display a range of indicators which cross the boundaries of specific named 'conditions'. If teachers are to offer appropriate support, the authors of this highly practical book argue that they must look beyond the label to assess the whole child.
This is an informative book which:
* encourages teachers to consider children as individuals rather than attempting to match them to existing sets of indicators
* pinpoints the overlap of indicators within different specific learning difficulties
* considers the process of assessment
* explains the implications of the children's difficulties
* offers tried-and-tested strategies to promote inclusive learning.
Teachers, teaching assistants, Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators and students undertaking teacher education courses will all find this a refreshingly accessible book.
- Taylor and Francis, December 2003
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: