How To Write Dialogue That Sparkles: The Key To Writing Better Novels & Screenplays
How To Write, #4
by James Driver
Dialogue cannot be dull, otherwise your novel or screenplay will fail
The secrets to writing a bestseller start with knowing how to write dazzling dialogue. Let editor, author, publisher and critic, Jim Driver show you how dialogue writing should (and can) be fun and easy.
Among the topics covered are:
• Why dialogue is so important
• What dialogue is, and what it shouldn't be!
• Four tricks to say who's speaking…
• The correct ways to format dialogue (and some interesting ideas)
• 8 ways to make dialogue more interesting
• How to tell your story by being clever with dialogue
• How to make characters sound interesting and individual
• Ten tips to improve your dialogue
Don't struggle writing dialogue for fiction: you'll find all the answers in this entertaining and concise 25,000 word book. Included are examples from hit screenplays and novels, including Breaking Bad, pulp fiction and Graham Greene.
Covers: fiction dialogue, screenplay dialogue
- The Do-Not Press, December 2014
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: