How to Wow
Proven Strategies for Presenting Your Ideas, Persuading Your Audience, and Perfecting Your Image
“The invaluable advice in How to Wow guarantees your success in any meeting situation, from the boardroom to the breakfast table.”
–Keith Ferrazzi, author of Never Eat Alone
In today’s fast-paced world, where an elevator ride with your CEO can turn into an impromptu meeting, your lunch date can become a job interview, and your conversation at a cocktail party may be a preamble to a potential business merger, knowing how to market yourself in any situation is vital. Corporate coach Frances Cole Jones has helped numerous CEOs, celebrities, and public personalities present their best selves on camera and onstage, in boardrooms and in person; now in her new book, How to Wow, she shares her strategies for making your mark in business and in life.
Every encounter, Jones believes, provides you with an opportunity to positively influence colleagues, employers, neighbors–even competitors. Not only your words, but your tone of voice and your body language speak volumes. The question, however, is: Are they working together to say what you want them to, as effectively as possible?
Inside, you’ll learn how to
• leave a lasting impression with a simple introduction
• effectively employ the twelve most persuasive words in the English language and command the stage, boardroom, or lunch table
• read nonverbal responses accurately–and shift negative ones immediately
• motivate your team under deadline
• interview fearlessly and flawlessly
• write the perfect pitch, résumè, cover letter, or e-mail
• deliver speeches that bring people to their feet
• transform a PowerPoint presentation into a powerful success
With easy-to-follow advice, amusing anecdotes, and immediately employable hints, Jones’s guidelines can keep you cool (even in hot water). From asking the right questions to giving the right answers, How to Wow will provide you with the confidence to be calm and commanding in all you do and to wow anyone anywhere anytime.
From the Hardcover edition.
- Random House Publishing Group, April 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: