How to See, How to Draw
Keys to Realistic Drawing
by Claudia Nice
- List Price$29.99
- Your price$23.99
Save $6.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Imagine having the ability to draw any subject with precision, detail and expression. With Claudia's help, you can do it! In How to See, How to Draw, you will discover how to tap into your powers of observation, strengthen your hand-eye connection, and draw the world around you with new skill and accuracy. Just take it one step at a time.
Claudia is an expert teacher, breaking down complex compositions into a series of achievable shapes and values that even beginners will understand. Through dozens of mini demonstrations, fun-to-do exercises and complete step-by-step instruction, you'll learn everything from basic drawing techniques to more challenging methods for rendering wonderfully rich, in-depth compositions.
Her visual instruction details how to:
- Use a variety of drawing tools to suit your style and artistic intent
- Learn to let go of preconceived ideas so you can observe lines, shapes and spatial relationships as they actually are
- Create strong compositions through comparison and proportional control
- Find, fix and avoid common mistakes by using simple grids and guide lines
- Understand and work with perspective to create the illusion of depth
- Reveal form through light and shadow
- Explore the potential of texture to create mood and movement
Claudia's drawings illuminate a range of subjects, including portraits, landscapes, animals and still life. You can practice using her reference photos and drawings, or you can apply her exercises to your own subjects.
Start today, Claudia's way! Following her masterful guidance, you'll see the world through new eyes and draw better than you ever have before.
- F+W Media, July 2010
North Light Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: