Everything for writers who sell ebooks. Desktop publishing (or e-publishing) enables indie authors to keep the bulk of the royalties. Discover the best ways to:
- use social media—build author platform
- format and upload for Amazon, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Google and others
- convert documents to any format (epub, mobi, pdf and more)
- sell books online
- create a website
- make a blog
- design ebook covers
- rise with SEO (search engine optimization) in Google-Bing
- sell ebooks with PayPal from your own sites on autopilot
- make paperbacks
- use PR (public relations) to get traffic
- and much more.
Packed with information, examples, over 250 links to sites and software to accomplish goals at retailers and your own websites. Simple enough for beginners and relevant to experts who could use extra guidance. Like ten books in one, the only source for what you need to succeed. Updated September 2014.
"...the best book, hands down for any author looking to self publish."
"...a refreshing change from the hard-sell type of internet marketing I'd been exposed to previously."
"I would have given this book 10 stars if I could!"
"...a must-have for anyone who aspires to self publish."
"Now having read many more on the subject (there are many), I can say without question this is THE BEST ONE."
Subjects include: self publishing, author platform, desktop publishing, e-publishing, kindle publishing, Amazon, Smashwords, Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, Kobo, Sony, Flipkart, blogging, free websites, indie authors, cover design, ebook store, electronic publishing, how to publish a book and more.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: