"The most useful tool out there for families about to embark on the search for a preschool!"
-Helen Cohen, director, Frances Jacobson Early Childhood Center, Boston
A must-have for parents of future preschoolers
Starting preschool is one of the biggest milestones in a child's life. With this comprehensive, step-by-step guide, you won't have to navigate the preschool process alone. Whether the nursery schools nearby enroll every child, or they're so competitive that they only accept a few applicants, this book has everything you need to know to choose and get into the right preschool for your child. You'll learn:
- How to find high-quality preschools in your area
- Insight into popular preschool programs (Montessori, Waldorf, play based, cooperative)
- Key criteria to consider when choosing a preschool
- Strategies for paying for preschool (financial aid, tax benefits)
- How to help prepare your child for the first day of preschool
- Advice for gaining admission into competitive programs, including getting off the waiting list, submitting a strong application, and preparing for a child assessment
"This well-organized, comprehensive book will help parents navigate the world of preschool."
-Nancy Schulman and Ellen Birnbaum, authors of Practical Wisdom for Parents: Raising Self-Confident Children in the Preschool Years and directors of the 92nd Street Y Nursery School, New York
"A gift to every parent starting the preschool search."
-Irene Byrne, MA, author of Preschools by the Bay and executive director of the Phoebe Hearst Preschool, San Francisco
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: