Strategies that work in California's unique market
Looking for a house in the Golden State? How to Buy a House in California will show you how to get a house you can afford and will enjoy living in for many years.
With this bestseller in hand, you'll learn how to:
- choose a house and neighborhood you'll love
- select and manage a knowledgeable, hard-working agent
- qualify for the best mortgage
- figure out how much down payment you can afford
- make an offer and negotiate a good deal
- compete in multiple-bid situations
- inspect a house for problems and hazards
- buy and sell houses simultaneously
- get through escrow successfully
This 15th edition is completely updated with tips on how to deal with increasing prices and tightened lending practices. Plus, you’ll find information on new laws regarding buying a foreclosure home.
Packed with checklists and financial information, How to Buy a House in California will guide you step-by-step through the process of buying a home.
Check out Nolo's list of California products for your other legal tasks. Not a California resident? Check out Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home for information on buying a home in your state.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: