How To Become Smarter: 21 Ways to Increase Your Brain Power in the Next 30 Days
Although many people believe that “smarts” are something you’re born with, the idea that genetics alone determine your intelligence is simply not true. The mind is an amazingly flexible tool that can be trained to literally accomplish anything you “put your mind to.”
There is evidence to support the theory of neuroplasticity (the plastic and pliable nature of the brain). The idea of brain plasticity is predicated on the idea that the more you use a particular area of your brain, the more it will increase in size (much like the notion that the more you train your muscles, the more they will increase in size, strength, and function).
Training your brain is a carefully cultivated art that involves a wide range of activities to ensure no section is left underdeveloped. In this straight-forward how-to book you'll learn:
* The crucial relationship between body and brain functions and what to do to mobilize your physical "assets"
* Foods you should be eating to maximize your brain functions
* Habits you can develop to improve cognitive function and your memory
* How to protect yourself from cognitive decline as you grow older (no need to suffer from “senior moments,” dementia or Alzheimer’s disease).
* The correlation between diabetes and brain disease, blood pressure and brain disease, and brain plasticity.
Whether you’re interested in improving your intelligence or your memory, protecting your brain from disease, or appearing intelligent in social situations, by applying the advice in this guide you can become smarter and see a noticeable difference in your intelligence and brain function in as little as one month.
- LaurenzanaPress, June 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: