How to Be a Working Actor, 5th Edition
The Insider's Guide to Finding Jobs in Theater, Film & Television
The celebrated survival guide for the working actor - now completely updated and expanded with a foreword by Tony award-winning actor Joe Mantegna!
Renowned for more than two decades as the most comprehensive resource for actors, How to Be a Working Actor is a must-read for achieving success in The Business. Now this "Bible of the Biz" has been completely revised and greatly expanded to address new markets, ever-changing opportunities, andthe many new ways today's actors find work. Talent manager, teacher, and career coach Mari Lyn Henry and acress, author, and spokeswoman Lynne Rogers combine their extensive skills and years of experience to cover all the essentials of how to market yourself, land roles, and manage a successful career. They also include expert advie from scores of other industry experts - well-known actors, agents, managers, casting directors, and teachers.
How to Be a Working Actor is loaded with advice on how to:
- put together a professional wardrobe
- get a head shot that brings out the real you
- create a resume that really works
- find the training to develop your talents
- communicate effectively with agents and managers
- use the internet to promote your business and explore new opportunities
- get the most value ot of union membership
- excel at auditions and screen tests
- discover how to get work in regional markets
- cope with success
How to Be A Working Actor takes a no-nonsense approach to the whole business of being a working actor, with detailed information on how to live on a budget in New York and Los Angeles, what the acting jobs are and what they pay, even how to find a survival strategy that will augument your career. And extensive section on script analysis shows you how to investigate the depth of a character to create a memorable audition for roles in theatre, film, and television.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, July 2010
Back Stage Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: