How Leaders Speak
Essential Rules for Engaging and Inspiring Others
by Jim Gray
- List Price$9.99
- Your price$8.69
Save $1.30 (13% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 4800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Senior executives, professionals, politicians, entrepreneurs, and educators are increasingly being evaluated by how well they speak - how credibly, how naturally, and how enthusiastically. They're being judged on their presentation skills. In today's communication-saturated age, the ability to address others effectively has become the essential mark of a leader.
How Leaders Speak covers the seven keys to speaking like a leader: preparation, certainty, passion, engagement, and commitment. It's a personal handbook for planning and conveying presentations that will engage and inspire others, from overcoming nervousness to handling difficult questions from listeners.
How Leaders Speak: Getting Ready to Present:
- Know Your Audience
- Find and Create The Nugget (something your audience doesnt know)
- Make a Video Rehearsing your Presentation
- Be Prepared for Anything
- Dont Rely on PowerPoint (have a print out as well )
- Test your Technology
- Have a Checklist of Materials Before You Leave the Office
- Pre-Presentation Jitters are a Good Thing!
- Know Your Environment Beforehand (schedule a run through the day before)
- Eat and Drink Lightly Just Before Your Presentation
How Leaders Speak: During Your Speech
- Have Water Handy
- Keep Language Short and Simple
- Have Your Speech Printed at the Top of Your Page To Keep Eye Contact Connected
- Most Nervousness Doesnt Show
- Draw in Your Audience Via Names and Anecdotal Info
- Ask Questions to Involve Your Audience (and to Relieve Pressure)
- Speak with Passion!
- Dundurn, April 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: