Alcohol in a Woman's Life
Did You Know
- Female alcoholics are twice as likely to die as male alcoholics in the same age group
- Women metabolize alcohol differently from men, more quickly developing such physical complications as liver disease, high blood pressure, and hepatitis.
- A female alcoholic is more likely to suffer from depression, anxiety, and eating disorders, which may not go away even if she stops drinking.
- An astonishing four million women in the U.S. meet the diagnostic criteria for abuse or dependence.
- When a woman drinks, she is five times more likely to be raped.
These are just a few of the alarming facts you will learn from this book -- facts every woman needs to know. Mixing cutting-edge research with affecting stories of women who struggle with alcohol problems, Happy Hours challenges our assumptions and expands our awareness of the role alcohol plays in women's lives.
- HarperCollins, October 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: