Getting Started with GEO, CouchDB, and Node.js
- List Price$14.99
- Your price$11.99
Save $3.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Today's mobile devices have GPS and standard APIs to give you access to coordinates—but what can you do with that data? With this concise book, application developers learn how to work with location data quickly and easily, using Node.js, CouchDB, and other open source tools and libraries.
- Learn how to serve dynamic content with Node.js, and use its asynchronous IO to handle several requests at once
- Become familiar with GeoJSON, Geohash, and the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL) for working with spatial data
- Build geospatial indexes using the GeoCouch branch of CouchDB
- Combine these tools to build a project that lets users post real-time chat messages tagged with their current map location
- O'Reilly Media, July 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: