Soil and Foundation Principles and Practice, 5th Ed.
- List Price$152.00
- Your price$136.79
Save $15.21 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 61600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Master the Latest Developments in Soil Testing and New Applications of Geotechnical Engineering
Geotechnical Engineering: Principles and Practices offers students and practicing engineers a concise, easy-to-understand approach to the principles and methods of soil and geotechnical engineering. This updated classic builds from basic principles of soil mechanics and applies them to new topics, including mechanically stabilized earth (MSE), and intermediate foundations. This Fifth Edition features:
- Over 400 detailed illustrations and photographs
- Unique background material on the geological, pedological, and mineralogical aspects of soils with emphasis on clay mineralogy, soil structure, and expansive and collapsible soils.
- New coverage of mechanically stabilized earth (MSE); intermediate foundations; in-situ soil testing: statistical analysis of data; “FORE,” a scientific method for analyzing settlement; writing the geotechnical report; and the geotechnical engineer as a sleuth and expert witness.
Get Quick Access to Every Soil and Geotechnical Engineering Topic• Igneous Rocks as Ultimate Sources for Soils • The Soil Profile • Soil Minerals • Particle Size and Gradation • Soil Fabric and Soil Structure • Soil Density and Unit Weight • Soil Water • Soil Consistency and Engineering Classification • Compaction • Seepage • Stress Distribution • Settlement • Shear Strength • Lateral Stress and Retaining Walls • MSE Walls and Soil Nailing • Slope Stability, Landslides, Embankments, and Earth Dams • Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations • Deep Foundations • Intermediate Foundations • Loads on Pipes • In-Situ Testing • Introduction to Soil Dynamics • The Geotechnical Report
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Richard Handy,Merlin Spangler
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Richard Handy,Merlin Spangler
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on October 24, 2016
- McGraw-Hill Education, January 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: