Game-Based Teaching and Simulation in Nursing and Health Care
- List Price$69.99
- Your price$62.99
Save $7.00 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 28800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This innovative text provides practical strategies for developing, integrating, and evaluating new and emerging technology, specifically game-based learning methods, useful in nursing and clinical health sciences education. The text draws upon existing models of experiential learning such as Benner's thinking-in-action and novice-to-expert frameworks, and introduces current theories supporting the phenomenon of the created learning environment.
Chapters explain how simulation and game-based learning strategies can be designed, implemented, and evaluated to improve clinical educational thinking and outcomes and increase exposure to critical experiences to inform clinicians during the journey from novice to expert. The text describes how game-based learning methods can support the development of complex decision-making and critical thinking skills. Case studies throughout demonstrate the practical application of harnessing technology as a teaching/learning device.Key Features:
- Provides strategies for developing, integrating, and evaluating game-based learning methods for nursing and healthcare educators
- Prepares teachers for the paradigm shift from static e-learning to dynamic distance experiential learning in virtual and game-based environments
- Illustrates how to integrate game-based learning into existing curricula
- Offers theoretical and practical examples of how game-based learning technologies can be used in nursing and clinical education
- Springer Publishing Company, July 2012
Springer Publishing Company
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: