From Playstation To Workstation (Canadian)
A Career Guide for Generation Text Surviving In A Baby Boomer World
THINK YOUR FANCY UNDERGRAD DEGREE IS GOING TO LAND YOU YOUR DREAM JOB? THINK AGAIN.
They’ve got all of the education in the world and no job experience or employable skills. And they’re learning in droves that the job market isn’t what reality TV shows have led them to believe. Meet Generation Text.
From Playstation® to Workstation, the highly relevant and exciting new book from career and personal development coach Suzanne Kleinberg, is here to help. A one-of-a-kind career guide and workbook designed specifically for teens and new graduates, From Playstation® to Workstation is a reality check and personal assistant rolled into one, providing easy-to-implement, valuable information and tools for any new graduate looking to get their head out of the clouds and into the workforce.
“There is a serious disconnect for Generation Text between what having a job requires and what corporate culture actually is,” states Kleinberg, informed by her own experiences as a career coach who specializes in working with youth and new graduates. “From Playstation® to Workstation offers effective techniques to help them not only find and secure a job, but to guide them on the path of building a career.”
An invaluable resource for teens, students, new graduates, parents, teachers and guidance counselors that goes for a mere fraction of the cost of hiring a professional headhunter or resume writer, From Playstation® to Workstation explains:
• How to create a resume and cover letter that gets you noticed when you have minimal job experience
• The hidden job market – which accounts for 80% of all jobs –and how to tap into it
• Why working for minimum wage – or at a no-pay internship – will get you ahead in the long run
• A peek behind the velvet rope: the screening and interview process
• What to wear and how to present yourself when you land the big interview
• How to fit in with the corporate culture and communicate with four generations of coworkers
• Methods to succeed on the job when everyone is older than you
• The top 10 incorrect assumptions job seekers make to their own detriment
- Potential To Soar, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: