Examining Violent Crime Victims in Investigative and Legal Contexts
- List Price$65.95
- Your price$59.39
Save $6.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 27200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This new textbook provides students with the basic principles and practice standards of forensic victimology--the scientific study of victims for the purposes of addressing investigative and forensic issues. It provides case-based coverage with original insights into the role that victimology plays in the justice system, moving beyond the traditional theoretical approaches already available. The purpose of this textbook is to distinguish the investigative and forensic aspects of victim study as a necessary adjunct to the field of victimology. It identifies forensic victimologists in the investigative and forensic communities and provides them with methods and standards of practice needed to be of service.
This book is intended to educate students on the means and rationale for performing victimological assessments with a scientific mindset. Forensic Victimology is designed specifically for teaching the practical aspects of this topic, with “hands on real-life case examples and an extensive online Instructor’s Manual featuring summaries, key terms, and test questions for every chapter.
* Applied victimology for students and caseworkers performing objective examinations as opposed to theoretical victimology that studies victim groups and crime statistics.
* First ever textbook detailing a mandate, scope and methods for forensic victimologist practitioners.
* Provides a critical / scientific counterbalance to existing mainstream texts approaching general victimology with a pro-victim bias.
* Written by practitioners of forensic victimology in the investigative, forensic, mental health, and academic communities.
- Elsevier Science, July 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: