Methods and Techniques for Forensic Accounting Investigations
by Mark Nigrini
Discover how to detect fraud, biases, or errors in your data using Access or Excel
With over 300 images, Forensic Analytics reviews and shows how twenty substantive and rigorous tests can be used to detect fraud, errors, estimates, or biases in your data. For each test, the original data is shown with the steps needed to get to the final result. The tests range from high-level data overviews to assess the reasonableness of data, to highly focused tests that give small samples of highly suspicious transactions. These tests are relevant to your organization, whether small or large, for profit, nonprofit, or government-related.
- Demonstrates how to use Access, Excel, and PowerPoint in a forensic setting
- Explores use of statistical techniques such as Benford's Law, descriptive statistics, correlation, and time-series analysis to detect fraud and errors
- Discusses the detection of financial statement fraud using various statistical approaches
- Explains how to score locations, agents, customers, or employees for fraud risk
- Shows you how to become the data analytics expert in your organization
Forensic Analytics shows how you can use Microsoft Access and Excel as your primary data interrogation tools to find exceptional, irregular, and anomalous records.
- Wiley, May 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: