How Counter-Intuitive Thinking is Changi
What do the superstars of modern business have in common? An ability to "flip"—to think counterintuitively and then act boldly, with no regard for "business as usual" conventions. one of the youngest and fastest-rising stars on the international consulting and speaking circuit, Peter Sheahan reveals how the world's most effective organizations and individuals distinguish themselves from the competition instead of running with the pack.
Sheahan explores six major flips
- Action Creates Clarity—to move forward you must act in spite of ambiguity.
- Fast, Good, Cheap: Pick Three, Then Add Something Extra—the new standard in every industry.
- To develop competitive advantage, you must Absolutely, Positively Sweat the Small Stuff.
- Satisfy customers' needs for engagement and contact—it's not "just business"—Business Is Personal.
- To win mass-market success, be courageous, Find It on the Fringe, and separate yourself from the competitive herd.
- To Get Control, Give It Up—empower others to create, dream, and believe for you.
Stick to what you learned in business school at your peril. Today's small-world economy calls for a new way of doing business. It calls for Flip.
- HarperCollins, March 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: