How Counter-Intuitive Thinking is Changi
What do the superstars of modern business have in common? An ability to "flip"—to think counterintuitively and then act boldly, with no regard for "business as usual" conventions. one of the youngest and fastest-rising stars on the international consulting and speaking circuit, Peter Sheahan reveals how the world's most effective organizations and individuals distinguish themselves from the competition instead of running with the pack.
Sheahan explores six major flips
- Action Creates Clarity—to move forward you must act in spite of ambiguity.
- Fast, Good, Cheap: Pick Three, Then Add Something Extra—the new standard in every industry.
- To develop competitive advantage, you must Absolutely, Positively Sweat the Small Stuff.
- Satisfy customers' needs for engagement and contact—it's not "just business"—Business Is Personal.
- To win mass-market success, be courageous, Find It on the Fringe, and separate yourself from the competitive herd.
- To Get Control, Give It Up—empower others to create, dream, and believe for you.
Stick to what you learned in business school at your peril. Today's small-world economy calls for a new way of doing business. It calls for Flip.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Peter Sheahan
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Peter Sheahan
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 28, 2016
- HarperCollins, March 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: