One child in five weighs at least twenty percent more than his or her ideal. However, nurturing physically and emotionally fit kids is easier than we think. Eileen Behan, a registrered dietitian for more than twenty-five years, has seen parents' worst mistakes concerning food and their kids, and has compiled all the advice we need to combat -- and undo -- damaging habits in this remarkable guidebook.
"At the end of the year we all wanted to take pictures...but Betsy wouldn't let us because she said pictures make her look fat."
-- a fifth-grader
- how to tell if you child is actually overweight
- how to recondition you child's eating patterns by changing your own attitudes toward food
- how to squelch young girls' body image disorders with confidence and self-esteem
- the traps laid out by foods marked "lite," "healthy," "contains real fruit"
- how to implement a family meal plan that emphasizes healthy foods kids will like as well as mealtime strategies that make eating a pleasure
- delicious and nutritious recipes for families on the go.
"My wife wants to control what our daughter eats, but I think she is making her crazy."
-- Father of an eight-year-old
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: