Fighting Cancer with Vitamins and Antioxidants
- List Price$16.95
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.36 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The most up-to-date and complete resource on the powerful benefits of micronutrients for cancer treatment and prevention
• Written by the nation’s leading expert on vitamins and cancer research
• Reveals how to maximize the benefits of your cancer treatment program while minimizing the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
• Shows how to counteract the carcinogenic effects of dental X-rays, CT scans, mammograms, cell phones, and other unavoidable hazards of modern life
• Provides an easy-to-follow program of nutritional supplements to improve your odds of avoiding and beating cancer
Despite extensive research and the development of new treatments and drugs, the U.S. mortality rate from cancer has not changed during the past several decades. Yet there are promising nutritional ways of avoiding and even beating cancer. In this completely revised and expanded edition, leading anticancer researcher Kedar N. Prasad and doctor K. Che Prasad reveal the latest revolutionary discoveries in the use of antioxidants and micro-nutrients to prevent and treat cancer--and also help with heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s.
Providing a simple nutritional program to follow, the authors show how micro-nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants can enhance the beneficial effects of conventional cancer treatments, decrease their toxic side effects, improve long-term prognosis, and reduce the risk of new cancer. Explaining how antioxidants regulate gene expression and cancer heredity, the authors detail how to counteract the risks of dental and medical X-rays, CT scans, mammograms, cell phones, frequent flying, and other unavoidable hazards of modern life; reduce the oxidative stress of free radicals in the blood; and decrease chronic inflammation. Reviewing recent studies, they deflate the controversies surrounding the use of antioxidants in cancer treatment, revealing everything from the reason why many vitamins in foods are destroyed during storage to the surprising role of selenium in cancer prevention.
- Inner Traditions/Bear & Company, October 2011
Healing Arts Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: