Field Guide to North American Truffles
Hunting, Identifying, and Enjoying the World's Most Prized Fungi
The second most expensive food in the world after saffron, truffles are treasured, coveted, and savored for their mysterious and exotic flavor. This complete field guide shows chefs and fungi aficionados how to forage for and identify the wide variety of truffles that grow in temperate forests throughout North America. Written by expert horticulturalists who have studied, classified, and enjoyed truffles for decades, the FIELD GUIDE TO NORTH AMERICAN TRUFFLES makes these celebrated underground jewels accessible to all.
- The first full-color illustrated guide to identifying North American truffles by their key features, including profiles of more than 80 species of truffles.
- Includes more than 80 photographs of rare and hard-to-find truffle species.
- Features flavor profiles, delectability index, and culinary tips for each species.
- Perfect size for carrying in a pocket or daypack.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, January 2013
Ten Speed Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: