Feeding Your Appetites
Take Control of What's Controlling You
Our appetites are like fire! They can fill our lives with warmth, or they can become an uncontrolled inferno that is capable of destroying a career, a marriage, a soul.
If you've ever struggled with cravings, whether for chocolate, shopping, alcohol, sex, cars, work, or power, you know how it works. Best-selling author Stephen Arterburn and Dr. Debra Cherry reach below the surface of such harmful behaviors to address the underlying needs that drive us all, and how those hungers can bring us fulfillment, not frustration.
- Discover the original and very good purpose for your appetites
- Develop useful strategies for managing your misdirected cravings
- Understand the connections between appetites, addictions, and sin
- Expose phony and inadequate sources of satisfaction
- Avoid the trap of "spiritual anorexia," which numbs you to what you really need
Maybe you haven't given much thought to what drives your life. Here's your chance to consider all your appetites in a new light, and to bring under control the ones that are keeping you from the life you long to live.
- Thomas Nelson, November 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: