Feature Extraction & Image Processing for Computer Vision
by Mark Nixon
- List Price$79.95
- Your price$71.99
Save $7.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 32800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book is an essential guide to the implementation of image processing and computer vision techniques, with tutorial introductions and sample code in Matlab. Algorithms are presented and fully explained to enable complete understanding of the methods and techniques demonstrated. As one reviewer noted, "The main strength of the proposed book is the exemplar code of the algorithms."
Fully updated with the latest developments in feature extraction, including expanded tutorials and new techniques, this new edition contains extensive new material on Haar wavelets, Viola-Jones, bilateral filtering, SURF, PCA-SIFT, moving object detection and tracking, development of symmetry operators, LBP texture analysis, Adaboost, and a new appendix on color models. Coverage of distance measures, feature detectors, wavelets, level sets and texture tutorials has been extended.
- Named a 2012 Notable Computer Book for Computing Methodologies by Computing Reviews
- Essential reading for engineers and students working in this cutting-edge field
- Ideal module text and background reference for courses in image processing and computer vision
- The only currently available text to concentrate on feature extraction with working implementation and worked through derivation
- Elsevier Science, December 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: