Fast Facts for the New Nurse Practitioner
What You Really Need to Know in a Nutshell
- List Price$34.99
- Your price$31.49
Save $3.50 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 14800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book is a Fast Facts for students considering the NP track, NP students, and new NPs - a quick all-in-one read that features what you "really need to know"about NP education and practice. It incorporates humor and real-life examples, useful tips, comparative salary tables, and other ready to access resources, such as professional organizations, networks, associations, and websites. Included is discussion on the history of the nurse practitioner (NP) role and the coming practice degree, the DNP. It contains insight coming directly from experts in the field.Key Features
- The "all-in-one," fast facts for potential or current NP students and newly practicing NPs
- Explores reasons to become a nurse practitioner
- Clarifies NP education hurdles: from choosing the right program to selecting the best clinical preceptor, and more
- Offers suggestions on how to survive the first year of practice
- Discuses contractual relationships with institutions, doctors and related health providers
- Outlines legal/malpractice issues
- Explores the DNP degree as the coming mandate for NP practice
- Features personal stories from the author and colleagues in a straight-from-the-shoulder style
- Includes check lists to facilitate important decision making, and charts/tables with "hot topics" or key elements
- Springer Publishing Company, February 2010
Springer Publishing Company
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: